What is an effective way to share public health knowledge with the municipal sector? In this document, we present the views expressed by civil servants in Canadian municipalities.
When public health actors wish to share knowledge in order to influence municipal policies that have an impact on health, they may wonder how to do this. Here are several questions that they might ask:
- If I wish to share knowledge with a municipality, whom should I approach?
- What action is the municipality already taking in my field of work?
- How should I initiate contact?
- What types of knowledge do municipal civil servants find useful?
- How does one foster positive interactions?
- What time frame should be expected?
- Why formalize a...