Government of Canada programs and services

If you have had a baby or adopted a child, you must also take steps with federal government departments and agencies.

For example, you will have to provide the Canada Revenue Agency with information in order to receive benefits. You may also be entitled to claim a deduction for childcare expenses in your income tax return.

And if you wish to get a passport for your child, you will have to submit an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

For all information regarding federal government programs and services, as well as the contact information for the departments and agencies concerned, contact Service Canada.


By telephone
Throughout Québec: 1-800-622-6232

TTY (Teletypewriter)

In person
At a Service Canada office near you.