Photo: René Dery
In this chapter, you’ll find information on how to breastfeed, express milk, use a breast pump and wean your infant. Information on breast milk, how it is produced and how to get milk production off to a good start can be found under Mother’s milk.
If you have COVID-19 and you wish to breastfeed, call Info-Santé (8-1-1) or consult a health professional for information on the precautions you should take.
- Breastfeeding: A learned skill
- Getting help
- Your breasts during nursing
- Breastfeeding, step by step
- How often to nurse — and how long?
- Breastfeeding phases
- Is breastfeeding still possible?
- Expressing milk
- Combining breast and bottle
- Breastfeeding problems and solutions
Express: Pump or squeeze milk from the mother’s breast.