Electrical shock

Information to which you should pay special attention

Electricity can cause serious problems (e.g., internal burns and heart problems). Always call Info-Santé (8-1-1) or take your child to the emergency room.

If your child gets an electrical shock and is still touching the electrical source, cut the electricity before you pull your child away.

If your child is no longer touching the electrical source, you don’t have to wait before touching him.

If your child is unconscious, yell for help and have someone call 9-1-1. If no one can help, call 9-1-1 yourself. See Loss of consciousness.

If your child is not breathing and help has not yet arrived, begin cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) if you know how to it.