New publications in English
From Tiny Tot to Toddler is a practical guide that contains scientifically supported information about pregnancy, delivery and the first two years of a child’s life. A free printed guide is given to all new Québec parents at the beginning of pregnancy follow-up. Parents involved in an adoption process can also receive a free guide.
2017 edition: What’s new?
The 2017 edition of the guide From Tiny Tot to Toddler is a reprint of the 2015 edition.
The main new feature in the 2015 edition was an updated Foods chapter. To view these changes, we suggest you download only the Foods chapter.
For the 2017...
January-10-17The Challenges of Updating the Deprivation Index with Data from the 2011 Census and the National Household Survey (NHS)
In 2011, the Canadian National Household Survey (NHS) replaced the long-form census, introducing a potential bias regarding the small-scale use of NHS data and having an incidence on the deprivation index update.
This document outlines the methodological scenarios that were tested in order to update the 2011 deprivation index.
- The replacement of the long-form census by the voluntary National Household Survey (NHS) in 2011 led to a sharp increase in the global non-response rate.
- Updating the material and social deprivation index (MSDI) with 2011 data risks to introduce a non-response bias and lead to inaccurate results.
- Four versions of the 2011 MSDI featuring various adjustments were tested to assess its quality and to identify the most...
This report is the result of a mandate from the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux (MSSS) [Québec’s ministry of health and social services] to produce a knowledge synthesis focused on nine courses of action which pertain to “illicit” psychoactive substances and which have not been implemented, or have been implemented only on a limited scale or as a pilot project in Québec.
The nine courses of action are:
- Education programs for overdose prevention and management with naloxone;
- Supervised consumption services;
- Prison syringe exchange programs;
- Low-threshold housing programs; ...